Thursday, March 12, 2009

Vacancy 2: The First Cut


Review by The Bone Breaker

If you enjoyed the 1st Vacancy, then you should enjoy this one as well.
Being a prequel, this one goes back to where and how it all started. We first meet Gordon and Reece - two of the sleazy guys running the Meadow View Inn, where they have cameras installed in the rooms, to spy on their guests having sex. . . That is, until Mr. Smith comes along.

When Mr. Smith checks into the motel with a hooker, Gordon & Reece sit back to watch, only to be shocked by witnessing Mr. Smith brutally stab the hooker to death. Not wanting to call the cops, because of their cameras and all, they hold Mr. Smith at gunpoint while deciding what they should do. Realizing what they were doing, Mr. Smith coerces them into filming snuff films, with him as the killer - and if you have seen the 1st film, then you know the rest of the story.

I actually enjoyed the first one, as it portrayed a horrifying situation for any wayward traveling couple. When I heard about the prequel, I was intrigued, but honestly was not expecting a whole lot, however I think that this one is just as good as the 1st one [not better/not worse] equally the same.

Being a prequel, I figured that I knew how it was all going to end. When the characters had hope, I did not - knowing that everyone was ultimately doomed. Still, I was pleasantly surprised and entertained throughout. Scott G. Anderson [Mr. Smith] plays a pretty sick guy, laughing as he is brutally stabbing someone to death, which is nerve racking, to say the least.

Like I said, if you enjoyed the 1st one, then check this one out as well,

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment